Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Persuading Introduction

Welcome to The Persuasion Series. This set of blogs will contain various topics related to the word "persuade." 

I first fell in love with the word "persuade" during the 2012-2013 year of Indiana Bible College, who's theme was "Persuaded." Indiana Bible College produced an original song - I Am Persuaded, and even titled the album "Persuaded."

There are many scriptures that deal with persuasion - but the one that got me hooked is Romans 8:38-39. (KJV is below.)


For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I have had this series on my heart since the beginning of the year, but I kept putting it off. God had other plans. On March 28, 2013 my pastor, Paul D. Mooney of Calvary Tabernacle preached on Persuasion (which he hadn't preached on since 1988). God confirmed this message through my pastor that night, so here I am before I need reminded again. 

I hope y'all enjoy the Persuasion Series. Will you be persuaded?

Expected Blogs to Come:
The IBC Impact (My Personal Message)
The Logical Side (Research, Christian/Apostolic Definition, and Scriptural References)
The Gals (Ability to Persuade Through Biblical Femininity)
The Sermon (Summary of Bro. Mooney's Sermon on Persuading)
The Biblical Stories and Characters (Self-Explanatory)

No comments:

Post a Comment